Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.
What is Boxes of Love Zambia?
Once a year, the congregations of Christian Life Assembly and participating churches fill shoeboxes with various items (school supplies, toys, candy, soap, clothes etc.) for the children in the Villages of Hope located in Kitwe, Chongwe, Mongu and other regions across Zambia. Boxes are also distributed to street children, AIDS orphans, and needy families in the rural areas.
Why do we do it?
THE MISSION of Villages of Hope – Africa is to bring lasting hope to orphans and vulnerable children by providing them with love and care so they can embrace adulthood as contributing members of society.
THE VISION is that all children are loved and cared for.
Your participation in the Boxes of Love Zambia project helps bring love and hope to individual children from the age of infancy to high school. Each one has a special place in the heart of God.
How can you get involved?
1. Pick up your empty box and instructions at a CLA Campus or one of the churches listed above.
2. Decide on the age and gender of the child you’re filling a box for.
3. Fill your box with a variety of age and gender appropriate gifts using the provided list as a guide.
4. Enclose $5.00 (or more) in the envelope provided to help cover shipping costs.
5. Place the envelope inside the box, on top of its contents, so that it is clearly visible.
6. Close box lid flat and hold closed with 1 or 2 elastic bands.
7. Be sure to clearly mark the label on your box lid for gender and age group.
8. Bring your filled box to your CLA campus on November 5 or participating church on Sunday, October 29.
Please note: Boxes returned after November 5 may not make it into the shipment to Zambia.