Summer is a great time to read! Holidays, rest, and time for reading is a great tradition—AND we have a library for you! I am happy to have a Christian resource for you and your family. Our CLA Library, located in Langley, is open from 10 AM—12 PM on Sundays and is also online clachurch.com/resources. On the CLA Library site you can find our new items, our most checked out items, as well as a search engine to find what you are looking for. If you are a registered user, you can renew, reserve and request materials online for pickup at CLA Langley Campus reception (open Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM). If you are not registered, please email email@example.com for online access. Once they receive your request, they will provide login and pickup information.
Some may not know this, but you can also order resources at our church website and get important small group information. If you are part of CLA, you also have access to RightNow Media, a massive library of on-demand biblically based videos to watch on your smartphone, computer or TV. This material is often used by our Life Groups, for CLA leadership development, and for personal daily devotions. Check it out! Sign up for your free access today.
Last week we hosted the Global Leadership Summit (GLS) for our staff and many tuned in for their own virtual experience. Once again it was valuable for spiritual renewal, professional development, and to advance leadership in our lives for God’s glory. Each year I purchase books from the GLS for our church to read. There are some excellent books available for you from past years and new books are coming to the library from this year’s speakers. Here are a few ideas for you to check out in our library. Go for a drive this Sunday. Stop by. Say hi. Check out a summer book:
- How to Pray: A Simple Guide for Normal People – Pete Greig (I highly recommend this book)
- Canoeing the Mountains: Christian Leadership in Uncharted Territory – Tod E. Bolsinger (Such a good book for leadership in the midst of COVID-19, I bought one for each of our board members)
- Dying to Meet Jesus: How Encountering Heaven Changed my Life – Randy Kay (Biography)
- Becoming the Next Great Generation: Taking Our Place as Confident and Capable Adults – Jonathan Catherman (an important book for Gen Z to read)
- Chasing the White Lion – James R. Hannibal (Summer is time for adult fiction)
- Otter B: Helpful – Pamela Kennedy (a book for children)
- Best Family Ever – Karen Kingsbury (a book for pre-teens)
- Halting the Hateful Hand of Mister Malevolent: Four Adventures in Mercy, Joy, Responsibility and Respect (DVD – Kids)
- Priceless: Inspired by True Stories (DVD – Adult)
All this and more is available for you at your church library. Don’t let COVID-19 stop you from reading! God often speaks to us through the reading and reflection of a good Christian book.