CLA’s Facilities department is seeking an incredible person to fill the positions of Facilities Administrator at our Langley Campus.
The Facilities Administrator will report directly to the Church Manager but work closely along with the Facilities Supervisor and the Facilities team. They will oversee and approve details of the room bookings in our PCO’s system, liaise with external renters and internal users of facilities, handling all graduation bookings, day-to-day administrative tasks, tracking of important data, some basic accounting procedures/functions while partnering with the Facilities team to ensure the successful organization of the set ups for ministries, events and external renters. This position requires a person who is a self-starter, organized, pro-active, a great team member, a problem solver, pays attention to detail and who has meticulous follow through. This person is passionate about ministry and is comfortable with learning new systems. Experience with Planning Center is an asset. This position will consist of 28 hours per week over four days.
Qualifications: Completion of Grade 12. Minimum 1 year of administrative experience is an asset or an equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training. Computer knowledge, essential. Administration courses, ministry experience and event management would be an asset. First Aid Certificate and Food Safe Certificate would be an asset.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 24nd at midnight or deliver it to our office marked to the attention of Human Resources.
To support the church through administrative, event planning and facilities duties to help ministries to achieve their ministry goals and vision in furthering the Kingdom of Heaven.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining an accurate booking and calendar system
- Overseeing upwards of 400 room bookings per month
- Tracking resources and inventory
- Meet/coordinate with external groups for room bookings and all necessary follow up
- Meet with Supervisor once weekly to go over events and details
- Finding perceived conflicts with room set ups, turnovers, noise and building capacities
- Streamlining booking, scheduling, and communications processes
- Connect with departments regarding booking requests.
- Respond to enquiries in a timely matter.
- Seeing issues before they occur and communicating as such.
- Assists with special projects, events, and assignments.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Internal Events Bookings
- Approving bookings through PCO calendar
- Resolving conflicts when they arise by moving groups, sharing rooms, coordinating timing or prioritizing room use.
- Liaise with Ministries to sort out conflicts and encourage communication.
- Assist with bookings for ministries having difficulties or that do not have access to PCO Calendar
- Advise ministries on where and when to best hold their events.
- Knowledge of AV and kitchen limitations and advising ministries of such.
- Follow up with ministries who may be missing vital information.
- Finding accurate information through a variety of sources (PCO Registrations, Services, meeting with leaders, etc.)
- Collect all diagrams for upcoming events, keep diagrams tidy and up to date.
- Complete appropriate event follow up as required.
- Train staff on how to effectively use PCO Calendar
Administrative Assistance (CLA Ministry Support)
- Ministry help, reception, admin assistance, customer service, encouraging communication, organization.
- Assists with special projects and assignments as needed.
- Willing to help, when required, front desk coverage and switchboard.
- Answer all telephone and walk-in inquiries in a respectful and welcoming manner.
- Attend Administrative, Network and staff meetings.
- Organization of general and storage areas in the church
- Compile all incident reports for filing.
- Ensure that Church First aid Kits are stocked.
- Maintain positive working relationships with staff and volunteers.
External Events Bookings
- Respond to inquiries by phone or email in a timely matter
- Meet clients for scheduled and walk-in facility rental tours.
- Oversee graduation bookings current and next years.
- Forwarding care, wedding and support group bookings to appropriate ministries.
- Prepare contracts, collect insurance and other appropriate documents
- Perform some basic accounting functions including but not limited to quoting, invoicing, processing payment, cash handling and depositing.
- Process payments and follow up with missing payments – connect external events to other departments such as tech, kitchen, etc.
- Communicate with staff and volunteers as needed.
- Complete appropriate follow up as required.
- Book resources and keep clients updated on their booking.
- Create set up diagrams.
- On-site coordination during large events (grads and weddings)
- Maintaining an accurate paper and digital filing system
- Maintain inventory and purchase resources, furniture and supplies as required.
- Purchase office supplies and event items as required.
- Check on inventory and purchase cleaning supplies as required.
- Purchasing and researching new cleaning products
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date filing system of reports, schedules, and other paperwork.
- Coordinate training and development.
- Schedule staff based upon facility and event needs.
- Keeping updated facilities staff availabilities
- When required, covering facilities staff shifts?
- Coordinating irregular cleanings (pipe and drape, Sharon village units, cobwebs, exterior pressure washing, parking lot garbage, etc.)
- Communication with team on events and facility needs.
- Printing and organizing event sheets, binders, and task lists.
- Advising Facilities supervisor on events and issues
- IT support for computer and phone issues with facilities staff
- Keeping facilities staff office tidy
- On call for set up and custodial assistance
- On call for first aid and security issues
- Maintaining positive working relationships with facilities staff
- Advocating for the facilities team to the rest of the church
- Organizing of storage spaces, decluttering, and coordinating removal of larger items
- Streamlining systems and processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY
- Good knowledge of administrative procedures
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills with systematic approach to accomplishing tasks.
- Proven ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and staff.
- Ability to perform basic accounting functions.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions accurately
- Effective business telephone etiquette
- Computer knowledge and proficiency
- Tact, empathy, and diplomacy when dealing with others and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to remain calm and flexible when under pressure and with changing priorities and deadlines
- Maintain productivity and focus during periods of interruptions.
- Problem solving and reasoning skills
Spiritual Focus: To live an authentic and growing Christian life.
CLA Focus: Ability and willingness to align one’s own behaviour with the overall mission and strategies of CLA:
Our Mission: Joining God in transforming our lives, neighbourhoods, nation and world
- GATHER: Regularly attend CLA’s Sunday church services
- GROW: Engage in meaningful, growing relationship with God and other Christ-followers in CLA
- SERVE: Volunteer my time and talents to serve others in or through CLA
- GO: Share my faith through love and good deeds in my neighbourhood and world
Service Focus: Desire to focus one’s efforts on discovering, meeting and serving the needs of the others as they align with the ministry focus and goals
Teamwork: Work cooperatively within teams, work groups and across CLA to achieve overall vision and goals.
Flexibility: Willingness to adapt to and work effectively within variety of diverse situations
Problem Solving: Ability to review situation, organize the information, identify some key factors and suggest/generate solutions.
Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by computer knowledge, clerical and/or business courses. Minimum of 2 years of related administrative and /or clerical experience or an equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training.
Note: This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.