But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
CLA MISSIONS 2020
As a church, we support over 35 global workers, projects and ministries per year. Our vision is to reach beyond the walls of CLA and make an impact in our world in practical and spiritual ways.
CLA Missions rejoices in the remarkable things God is doing as together we support over 35 ministry partners and projects around the world and in our community. Through prayer and partnership with the PAOC the Gospel is being proclaimed in 70 countries by 335 workers.
In February, it is Missions Month. A time to celebrate the hard work of our supported missionaries, hear stories from overseas and gather an offering that makes up a large portion of the annual budget. It is an opportunity to expose the congregation to the current state of church missions so that they can be a part of the future.
We are grateful for all that God is doing through CLA Missions, our global workers and international partners. Together, we are “joining God in transforming our lives, neighbourhoods, nation and world”. I’m very excited to see what God is going to do in 2020.
To God be the Glory!
Steve Nicholson Missions Director
EVENTS COMING UP
How We Serve
Missions is a vocation or calling to show God’s love to the world. The way we demonstrate this love can look different depending on culture, demographics and needs that may be unique. Some ways that we serve our neighbourhood, nation and countries around the world are:
- Look after the poor, orphans, people in crisis and widows
- Help with the support of pastors and global workers at home and overseas
- Help with capital projects, including building orphan houses, classrooms, churches, renovations and water projects
- Help train leaders and pastors to go into their own communities to win people to Christ through relationship (also supply Bibles, training courses, VBS programs for children, school supplies and funding of Bible translation)
- CityServe: We work closely with our local schools and governments and have great favour with them
Thanks to your generosity, CLA was able to see much happen in 2018. These are some of the highlights:
We completed the purchase of two properties, now open and fully operational. Hundreds of leaders and church planters, as well as new converts have been trained there. This year we plan to assist with the cost of travel to the centres from all over the country and from many other regions in North Africa.
We funded a new tractor and some renovations to the Rehab Centre in Kovel, in the northwest of Ukraine. Funds were also provided for outreach into the community in the City of Lutsk, all this through our relationship with Ukrainian Embassy of God.
Shipped 40ft container to Kitwe (Village of Hope). 2200 boxes of Love and 60 boxes of school supplies, 150 bundles of clothing, sports equipment. 10 boxes of Christian Education Books for VOH Library. CLA has a trip planned to Zambia May 2020.
Sent Recovery Church team to Rehab Centre, 30 minutes outside Havana. Painted buildings and provided ministry and encouragement to Sergio and Rosa, Centre Directors. We are committed to monthly support and sending teams every year.
We have a part in the next wave of church planting in Northern Poland. The goal for 2020 is 20 new churches, support of missions training of younger generations, molded from the Omega Program at Summit College. Coming alongside the new Campus Church Plant at the Warsaw Seminary, planning a ‘Marriage Retreat’ Oct. 2020 for over 60 pastors, leaders, etc.
Support and encouragement to five families who share their faith in some of the world’s most spiritually dark and needy locations.
Distributed over 500 BC Boxes of Love in the community of Langley, provided support to local outreach ministries: ongoing commitment to First Nations in the Arctic with teams serving at Camp Yukon, heading Worship Services and ministry in Inuvik and Tuktoyaktuk and hosting Community ‘Feast’ for over 175 people, delivering 80 Bags of Love for children. In Quebec provided support to launch the ‘Backpack Project’ to a community in great need.
CityServe started in in 2012 as a ministry of CLA with a strong desire that CLA would be known for their love and kindness and be a place of trust within the Community. We started to bring BC BOL to our elementary schools which have led to an open invitation that grows each year to be a part of their communities. We have worked collaboratively with other local churches and organizations to provide volunteers and resources to help meet some of these practical needs. We have worked closely with our local schools and government and have found great favour with them.
Weekly we have volunteers helping 2 of the local schools feeding programs. We work alongside their staff to meet the physical needs of these kids coming to school without the nutrition needed to perform well in their classes. Through the help of Life Groups, individuals and pretty much all of the different ministries of the church last year we were able to be a part of the following:
- Fall Festival at HD Stafford – 1500 people
- Treat to Langley inner city school staff rooms 2x/year
- Invites to all of the school staff to attend our Christmas Production
- Christmas Stockings – 265 stockings
- Christmas Hampers – 15 with ongoing relationships
- 550 BC Boxes of Love
- 60 Teacher Baskets
- 700 backpacks with School Supplies
- 500 produce bags
- Grade 8 Grad Celebration hosted with teachers from HD Stafford
- Langley Secondary School ‘BC Boxes of Love Scholarship’
2020 Prayer Card
- For the safety and influence of global workers. (Matthew 9:37-38)
- For open doors and spiritual power to overcome the forces of evil. (Colossians 4:2-4, Revelation 3:8)
- That the fruit produced will remain. (Galatians 6:9, 2 Thessalonians 3:3, 1 Corinthians 3:7-9)
- For the financial resources to support missionary outreach. (2 Corinthians 9:8-9)
- For the protection of God's people around the world. (John 17:9-15, Hebrews 13:2-3)
Ask the Lord if there is a special gift to missions that He wants you to give.
Participate on a CLA Missions trip or sponsor an individual who is in need of funds allowing them the opportunity to go with a team.